Yes, I have named this post after that catchy dance song by Ultrabeat from the Noughties – it kinda came into my head whilst I was doing the eye-shadow for this look and thought it was quite fitting.
Anyway… the makeup! Green is such a great eyeshadow colour for brown eyes. If you have hazel coloured eyes like me, it helps the green in your iris stand out more. I love that green eyeshadow has that earthy look about it which can still look bold and glam. I think it works so well with dark coloured eyes as brown is a neutral colour and the contrast between the green and the brown really makes the eyes look pretty.
1. As many of you know, the first step when applying eyeshadow is picking a transition shade and blending it into the crease. For this, I used the shade Silk Creme from my Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette. This is such a gorgeous light beige colour and makes a great transition shade (Find my review on the palette here).
2. Next, the shade MT130 (which is a teal/ medium green colour) from my Zoeva Matte Spectrum Palette was blended along the crease which will helps intensify the green shades in this area.
3. The shade Enchanted, a dark green/ charcoal colour from the M x JH Palette, was also applied to the crease to darken the makeup.
4. I then cut my crease using the NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer Wand in Beige and my Real Techniques Detailer Brush. The shade Diva, which is the stunning sparkly dark green colour, was applied to the cut crease; I used my fingertip to apply the shadow to most of the lid and then used a brush for the edges.
5. A little bit of Abyss, which is the black shade, was blended into the outer corners to really deepen the look.
6. Taking the shade Enchanted again as well as the shade MT140 (which is a lighter green colour) from the Zoeva Palette, I blended them along my bottom lash line.
7. To highlight my inner corners, the shimmering champagne shade called Obsessed was dabbed on with a small brush which helped the makeup and my eyes pop a little more.
8. For liquid eyeliner, I used the NYX Vinyl Liquid Liner and created a large cat eye flick. For my lashes, I wore Too Faced ‘Better Than Sex’ Waterproof Mascara and for kohl eyeliner, I used The Body Shop Smoky Eye Definer Pencil which I applied to my waterline.
For lipstick, I used the Colourpop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick in Dopey. This is such a beautiful shade of mauve which has a purple undertone. I think this colour goes great with a dark eye look but would also go well with softer makeup too.
Other Products I’m Wearing
• Primer – Elf Mineral Face Primer
• Foundation – Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation 04
• Contour – Too Faced Cocoa Contour
• Highlighter – Makeup Revolution Blush Palette Golden Sugar
• Setting Spray – NYX Setting Spray Dewy Finish
• Eyebrows – Sleek Dark Eyebrow Kit
I hope you like this look and thanks for reading!