Today I’m back with another makeup look that I wore a couple of weeks ago, this one is vibrant and colourful! The eye makeup was inspired by a look that Paige Louise a.k.a Plouise (Instagram: Plouise_makeup_academy) created except I swapped the blue on the lid that she did for a green glittery lid. I absolutely loooove her work! She’s so incredibly talented and she’s one of my favourite MUA Instagram accounts.
This is such a fun look! I used so many different colours but the blues and greens in particular were giving me mermaid vibes especially when I added the green glitter.
1. For my transition colour, I used the stunning bright yellow shade called Creamiscle from my Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette (This is one of my favourite shades in the palette). I took the shadow and blended it into my crease and right up to just beneath my brow bone.
2. I next went in for a vibrant orange shade using Realgar from the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette. This was blended into the crease in small, side to side motions trying not to take it up too high so that the yellow colour could still be seen.
3. I then took the gorgeous red shade from the Juvias Place Magic Palette which is called Kogi and applied that next to the crease.
4. To add more warmth to the crease, I wore Love Letter from the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette and in very tiny movements and keeping it tight to my natural crease line, I blended it in.
5. Onto the cooler tones, I lightly dabbed my brush into the Ife shade from the Magic Palette which is a stunning deep purple, and blended this in just below my crease.
6. I next used the shade Twerk from the M x JH Palette, this is a gorgeous shimmering navy blue colour. I swept this on the top part of my lid and slightly into the crease. (I admit that the blending of Ife and Twerk could have been a bit better).
7. To finish colouring the eyes, I took the shimmering aqua shade Pool Party from the same palette and applied it all over the lid. I also blended this along the bottom lashes with a little bit of the shade Twerk too.
8. The shade Vermeer from the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette was then used to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. This is my absolute fav shade to use to achieve bright and blinding inner corners which helps make eye makeup really pop.
9. To add some more green to the lid and a tad more sparkle, I wore the UD Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Distortion and applied this all over Pool Party.
10. For eyeliner, I drew a very small and thin line above my top lashes and didn’t really bring it out at all. I feel like my usual large winged liner would have looked too over the top and taken away the effect of the eyeshadow. I used the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.
11. I took my Primark False Eyelashes in the style Sultry (just £1!) and wore them on my top lashes. I applied some Tarte Maneater mascara to them, aswell as my bottom lashes, to make them appear even longer and bolder.
12. Lastly, I used The Body Shop Black Smokey Eye Definer Pencil in my waterline to finish the eye makeup.
With doing such a bold eye look, I wore the Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Chi which is a stunning brown toned nude colour. On top of that I applied my Wet n Wild Megaslick Lipgloss in Crystal Clear to give my lips a glossy finish. I rarely wear a glossy lip but thought it would go nicely for this look – wet looking lips to go with the mermaid themed eyes.
I love this eyeshadow look and really enjoyed doing it. The contrast between the bright warm and cool shades creates an array of rainbow colours on my eyes. I do feel like I could have done better with my blending, especially on the blue colour but I’m still happy with the overall result.
I hope you enjoyed this look and thanks for reading!